News and offers
- MFF: Cutter for finishing
- KPK series
- MFWN mini for milling
- MFH lineup expansion
- Information about COVID-19
- MEV & MFLN
- SIGC - small internal grooving
- EMO 2019
- AP chipbreaker
- DRA 12D Magic Drill
- KS6015 for cast iron
- PDL010/PDL025 DLC coating
- DRV lineup expansion
- Kyocera at AMB 2018 exhibition, Stuttgart
- CA025P - Steel cutting performance
- DRA KM – Insert for cast iron
- Hybrid cermet
- DRA FTP - Counterboring insert
- DRV Magic Drill
- Kyocera at EMO 2017 exhibition Hannover
- CA3 - New coated carbide grades
- Internal grooving with effective chip evacuation
- Newly developed DLC coating for Kyocera inserts
- New drill with replaceable drill bit
- Kyocera presents new cutting tool solutions at EMO in Milan
- Kyocera launches MFH mini
- Individual solutions for cutting tool production
- Twist drills
- Indexable drills
- Drills with replaceable drill tip
- Micro diameter drills
- Customized drills
- Multiplex drills/spade drills
- Indexable milling cutters
- Micro diameter end mills
- Chamfer mills
- Diamond pattern router bits
- Micro diameter engraving tools
- Solid end mills
- Profile cutters
- Solid shell milling cutters and side/face cutters
- Thread milling cutters
- Carbide inserts
- Ceramic inserts
- CBN inserts
- PCD inserts
- Cermet inserts
- Thread turning
- Micro diameter turning tools
- General turning
- Thread cutting tools
- Chamfering and reamers
- Roller burnishing
- Industrial precision knives
- Tool Management (RoboCrib)
- Cylinder head
- Valve body
- Steering housing
- PCD tools
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Tool Holder
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Shrink-fit Tool Holder
- Materials and applications
- Turbine blade machining
- Special tooling
- Technical documentation
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
New drill with replaceable drill bit
This DRA MagicDrill features a new and innovative tool design where the drill head is clamped with a screw function. This means less wear on the drill body, and in addition to that, replacing the insert on the drill tip is easy and convenient. Furthermore, various dimensions of inserts can be used. In other words, you can use the same drill body for several dimensions of inserts, Simon Sondrup, sales manager at Kyocera Unimerco, explains.
”You can change the insert many times and still achieve stable and safe clamping, with no risk of breakage or quality issues – neither on the drill tip nor on the drill body. That translates to savings, and, at the same time, clamping is both precise and easy”, Simon Sondrup says.
Low cutting force and good hole accuracy
”Due to the design of the drill tip, the new DRA drill has a low cutting force and excellent self-centering. The relatively aggressive rake angle on the point geometry as well as a higher web diameter makes the DRA extremely light-cutting in the drilling process”, Simon Sondrup says.
Kyocera’s new DRA MagicDrill with replaceable drill tip offers long tool life and excellent hole accuracy.
He adds that the tool body features optimised chip thinning and high rigidity. This results in high-quality holes with excellent roundness and increased process reliability, besides reducing or eliminating the need for finishing. These are all important factors for productivity.
Two different coatings for almost every need
The DRA MagicDrill is available in two versions with two different qualities of the Kyocera Megacoat coating on the inserts. This makes it possible to machine most types of workpiece material.
One quality, PR1535, with Megacoat Nano coating, results in a great all-round drill for efficient machining of both steel and stainless materials. The PR1535 is very heat-resistant, and this increases both tool life and stability.
The other type of insert, PR1525, with Megacoat coating, is suitable for cast iron. Both qualities are available in many different dimensions – from Ø7.94 to Ø25.5 mm and in 3xD, 5xD and 8xD”, Simon Sondrup says.