Kyocera is introducing the next-generation
PVD coating for its PR18 series of milling cutters
Get up to 2.5 times longer tool life than you would with conventional tools.
June 28, 2023
Using Kyocera's innovative double lamination technology with a special nano layer called MEGACOAT NANO EX, customers can expect to get up to 2.5 times longer tool life than they would with conventional tools.
Kyocera is introducing three new grades to this series. for 16 different milling series are available: PR1825 for steel (wear resistance oriented), PR1835 for steel (stability oriented) and for stainless steel, PR1810 for cast iron.
- PR1825 is designed for steel, offering an excellent balance of hardness, toughness, and versatility.
- PR1835 is designed for steel but offers superior impact resistance and stability by utilizing a proprietary particle shape for improved thermal conductivity.
- Finally, PR1810 is specifically designed for cast iron, Uses a proprietary base material with excellent thermal conductivity. Achieving stable processing of cast iron.
These new grades can be applied to current and new milling cutter systems, including face mills, shoulder face mills, profile cutters, high feed cutters.
Overview of milling cutter
- 90°/88° cutting edge angle types (MA90, MEW, MEC, MECH, MFWN series, MFSN88)
- 45°/66° cutting edge angle type (MB45, MFPN series)
- Radius cutters (MRX)
- High feed cutters, MFH series