Turning insert grades for steel.
CA5 is made for reliable processing of steel. The newly developed CVD-coated carbide grades with further improved properties give optimum results and high process security. The newly developed carbide substrate with 10% improved hardness at high operating temperatures, means the turning insert is more resistant to plastic deformation, tool life is improved and high-efficiency turning achieved. To achieve process security in production, Kyocera has always focused on optimum chip control with a wide range of chipbreakers for various applications. The CA5 series is raising the bar further with a newly developed chip breaker, new coating technology and much more.
- Improved CVD coated carbide substrate with 10% increased hardness for longer tool life
- Excellent wear and fracture resistance ensures increased productivity
- Various chipbreakers available for optimum results when machining steel
- Selectable 4 different grade (CA510/515/525/530)
- Internal and external turning
- Finishing – Medium
- Roughing – Medium
- Continuous and interruption