Maximum cutting performance in steel.
New CA025P CVD coating technology and base material with excellent durability ensures long-term cutting performance for automotive and industrial machining.
Kyocera has developed a new ultra-durable coating technology and base material for indexable industrial cutting tool inserts to improve steel machining.
Steel is often used in numerous industries including automotive and industrial machining. There is a growing demand for long-lasting inserts with excellent resistance against wear, fracturing and chipping capable of stable machining performance over a wide range of cutting conditions. Kyocera’s new industrial cutting tool series features multilayer CVD coatings with a layer using a thick film of aluminium oxide (Al2O3) for excellent heat resistance. Utilizing cemented carbide as a base material ensures excellent fracture resistance, long-term performance, and longer tool life.
These new cutting tools can accommodate a wide range of machining applications from roughing to finishing by using a variety of chipbreakers. Kyocera aims to support customers by reducing the frequency of insert replacements and improving production yield.
- CVD coating technology and base material with excellent durability
- Long-term cutting performance for automotive and industrial machining
- Ultra-durable coating technology improves steel machining
- These cutting tools accommodate a wide range of machining applications
- Applications from roughing to finishing by using a variety of chipbreakers
- Kyoceras new industrial cutting tool series for excellent heat resistance
- Utilizing cemented carbide base material ensures excellent fracture resistance and longer tool life
- External turning
- Internal turning
- Interrupted and continuous machining
- Roughing and finishing