News and offers
- KS6015 for cast iron
- DRA 12D Magic Drill
- PDL010/PDL025 DLC coating
- DRV lineup expansion
- Kyocera at AMB 2018 exhibition, Stuttgart
- CA025P - Steel cutting performance
- DRA KM – Insert for cast iron
- Hybrid cermet
- DRA FTP - Counterboring insert
- DRV Magic Drill
- Kyocera at EMO 2017 exhibition Hannover
- CA3 - New coated carbide grades
- Internal grooving with effective chip evacuation
- Newly developed DLC coating for Kyocera inserts
- New drill with replaceable drill bit
- Kyocera presents new cutting tool solutions at EMO in Milan
- Kyocera launches MFH mini
- Individual solutions for cutting tool production
- Twist drills
- Indexable drills
- Drills with replaceable drill tip
- Micro diameter drills
- Customized drills
- Multiplex drills/spade drills
- Indexable milling cutters
- Micro diameter end mills
- Chamfer mills
- Diamond pattern router bits
- Micro diameter engraving tools
- Solid end mills
- Profile cutters
- Solid shell milling cutters and side/face cutters
- Thread milling cutters
- General turning
- Thread turning
- Micro diameter turning tools
- Thread cutting tools
- Chamfering and reamers
- Roller burnishing
- Industrial precision knives
- Tool management
- Cylinder head
- Valve body
- Steering housing
- PCD tools
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Tool Holder
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Shrink-fit Tool Holder
- Materials and applications
- Turbine blade machining
- Special tooling
- Technical documentation
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
UM DANDIA PCD HELI-DRILL™ - the unique UM DANDIA™ sandwich drill point combined with helical guide pads and flute, designed as a "one-shot" solution.
Increase capacity on an existing production line by reducing cycle time.
The potential saving for the mounting holes was relatively large, as each of the 8 holes has a drilling depth of 96,5 mm. The holes are drilled from solid material (no precasting pilot hole).
Kyocera Unimerco tool solution
PCD spiral-fluted drill on solid carbide tool body with sandwich drill point.
Adjustable UM DANDIA™ tool holder to ensure optimum run out.
Tool no.: 210400/000030
The feed rate was increased to a remarkable 9,000 mm/min. at 15,000 rpm. This is 3.6 times faster than the previous carbide drill, which performed 2,500 mm/min. at 8,000 rpm. Even at these data, the process reliability is good.
The ongoing tool costs are slightly higher than those of the carbide drill, but the savings from the reduced cycle time is several times higher.
- Feed rate increase by a factor of 3.6
- 22.70 seconds saved per cylinder head
- 15,000 rpm
- 9,000 mm/min. feed rate
- Tool life not set yet (still running)
- Recommended cutting data:
10,000 - 15,000 rpm, f 0,6
(vf 6,000 - 9,000 mm/min.)
Decreased feed rate for first 8-10 mm
- 40 bar internal coolant
- 10% emulsion
- Material : ALSi9Mg