News and offers
- MFF: Cutter for finishing
- KPK series
- MFWN mini for milling
- MFH lineup expansion
- Information about COVID-19
- MEV & MFLN
- SIGC - small internal grooving
- EMO 2019
- AP chipbreaker
- DRA 12D Magic Drill
- KS6015 for cast iron
- PDL010/PDL025 DLC coating
- DRV lineup expansion
- Kyocera at AMB 2018 exhibition, Stuttgart
- CA025P - Steel cutting performance
- DRA KM – Insert for cast iron
- Hybrid cermet
- DRA FTP - Counterboring insert
- DRV Magic Drill
- Kyocera at EMO 2017 exhibition Hannover
- CA3 - New coated carbide grades
- Internal grooving with effective chip evacuation
- Newly developed DLC coating for Kyocera inserts
- New drill with replaceable drill bit
- Kyocera presents new cutting tool solutions at EMO in Milan
- Kyocera launches MFH mini
- Individual solutions for cutting tool production
- Twist drills
- Indexable drills
- Drills with replaceable drill tip
- Micro diameter drills
- Customized drills
- Multiplex drills/spade drills
- Indexable milling cutters
- Micro diameter end mills
- Chamfer mills
- Diamond pattern router bits
- Micro diameter engraving tools
- Solid end mills
- Profile cutters
- Solid shell milling cutters and side/face cutters
- Thread milling cutters
- Carbide inserts
- Ceramic inserts
- CBN inserts
- PCD inserts
- Cermet inserts
- Thread turning
- Micro diameter turning tools
- General turning
- Thread cutting tools
- Chamfering and reamers
- Roller burnishing
- Industrial precision knives
- Tool Management (RoboCrib)
- Cylinder head
- Valve body
- Steering housing
- PCD tools
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Tool Holder
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Shrink-fit Tool Holder
- Materials and applications
- Turbine blade machining
- Special tooling
- Technical documentation
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
Case story - Ring-free machining™ of spool bore holes
The challenge of the rings
Machining spool bore holes in hydraulic valve bodies, hydraulic pumps etc. in cast iron often involves a number of challenges in the machining process.
One of the most common problems is that the bore by the rough pass reamer creates rings that get stuck in the component. The following manual removal of these rings prior to finishing/assembly is a time-consuming and costly process.
At one of the worlds largest manufacturers of hydraulic valve bodies, Kyocera Unimerco introduced a patented process strategy and technology which eliminates the rings, thus resulting in considerable savings.
The company in question produces 126,000 components of this type per year. The optimisation comprised all machining processes for this particular component focusing on hole quality and process optimization. After in-depth analyses, all tools were replaced by better-performing solutions reducing the total machining time considerably.
Machining cast iron spool bore holes
An example from the total tooling package is the three-pass solution for the spool bore including the following tools:
- Pilot drill (C7 coated)
- Core drill (C7 coated)
- Special finishing reamer
In addition to the C7 coating prolonging the tool life time, tool features include reinforced core diameter and extra guide pads. The result is a straight hole free of rings and excellent hole size consistency achieved at less than half the cycle time.
|SPOOL BORE HOLE|
|Optimisation result||Before optimisation||After optimisation|
|Total processing time||38.9 sec.||17.3 sec.|
|Machine costs/component||USD 0.97||USD 0.42|
|Machine costs/year*||USD 121,496||USD 53,959|
* Hourly factor €67
Considerable savings due to reduced process time
By implementing the optimised tool solution, the company saves 761 hours per year, equaling savings of USD 67,537,-.
Unequaled savings thanks to RING-FREE MACHINING™
However, the above figures do not include the most important results of the optimization efforts. Using the new solution, the chips are pushed out automatically while drilling, and no rings are produced by the rough pass reamer.
Get rid of the rings and cut down the cycle time
Contact us to learn how systematic optimization of production can reduce your unit costs.