News and offers
- DRA 12D Magic Drill
- KS6015 for cast iron
- PDL010/PDL025 DLC coating
- DRV lineup expansion
- Kyocera at AMB 2018 exhibition, Stuttgart
- CA025P - Steel cutting performance
- DRA KM – Insert for cast iron
- Hybrid cermet
- DRA FTP - Counterboring insert
- DRV Magic Drill
- Kyocera at EMO 2017 exhibition Hannover
- New drill with replaceable drill bit
- CA3 - New coated carbide grades
- Internal grooving with effective chip evacuation
- Newly developed DLC coating for Kyocera inserts
- Kyocera presents new cutting tool solutions at EMO in Milan
- Kyocera launches MFH mini
- Individual solutions for cutting tool production
- Twist drills
- Indexable drills
- Drills with replaceable drill tip
- Micro diameter drills
- Customized drills
- Multiplex drills/spade drills
- Indexable milling cutters
- Micro diameter end mills
- Chamfer mills
- Diamond pattern router bits
- Micro diameter engraving tools
- Solid end mills
- Profile cutters
- Solid shell milling cutters and side/face cutters
- Thread milling cutters
- General turning
- Thread turning
- Micro diameter turning tools
- Thread cutting tools
- Chamfering and reamers
- Roller burnishing
- Industrial precision knives
- Tool management
- Cylinder head
- Valve body
- Steering housing
- PCD tools
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Tool Holder
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Shrink-fit Tool Holder
- Materials and applications
- Turbine blade machining
- Special tooling
- Technical documentation
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
UM GROOVING LAND TOOL™
UM GROOVING LAND TOOL™ is a profile cutter which is mainly used for machining all grooving lands in a spoolbore hole in one shot. In some cases, half of the grooving lands are machined from one side and the rest from the other side of the spoolbore. Furthermore, a UM GROOVING LAND TOOL™ can, in some cases, be used in connection with cavity holes.
For cast iron, aluminium and steel
The tool is a specially designed tool, which is developed for machining grooving lands mainly in cast iron materials, but it can also be used for aluminium and steel. The tool is part of our existing tool package for the machining of hydraulic valve blocks, reducing the processing time by 30-50 %.
Cuts processing times
The UM GROOVING LAND TOOL™ can often replace a cutting tool with inserts with one to three cutting edges, only machining one grooving land at a time. There are usually 7-15 grooving lands in each spoolbore, so the UM GROOVING LAND TOOL™ can reduce machining time considerably.
Tolerances between the grooving lands are always assured, as these dimensions/tolerances are built into the cutting tool.
More reliable process
The UM GROOVING LAND TOOL™ is normally two-fluted, giving a lower cutting force than a single-fluted tool. The cutting edges are also made in a 15° spiral, reducing the risk of vibration and spreading the cutting forces.
One shot solution