News and offers
- New versatile 45° cutter and new grade for HRSA
- New steel turning grade and new 90° tangential cutter
- RE•NEW - for MagicDrill DRA | GM type insert
- AM chipbreaker with tough edge for MEAS aluminum milling cutter
- KPK series
- GBF expansion
- DRA - Reliable processing of steel beam components
- 30 Years Anniversary Kyocera in Europe
- LIVE WEBINAR | Tool Management
- AMB 2022
- Exhibition ICE 2022
- KGD lineup expansion: New PSC type holder
- EMO 2021 Milano
- New products and lineup expansions
- New solution for small tools
- MFWN mini for milling
- MFH lineup expansion
- MEV & MFLN
- SIGC - small internal grooving
- AP chipbreaker
- DRA 12D Magic Drill
- PDL010/PDL025 DLC coating
- DRV lineup expansion
- Kyocera at AMB 2018 exhibition, Stuttgart
- CA025P - Steel cutting performance
- Hybrid cermet
- Individual solutions for cutting tool production
Indexable milling cutters
- Shoulder face mills
- Face milling
- High feed milling cutters
- Profile cutters
- Side milling cutters
- Micro diameter end mills
- Chamfer mills
- Diamond pattern router bits
- Micro diameter engraving tools
- Solid end mills
- Thread milling cutters
- Indexable milling cutters
- Carbide inserts
- Ceramic inserts
- CBN inserts
- PCD inserts
- Cermet inserts
- Thread turning
- Multipurpose ID turning tools for small diameter
- General turning
- Thread cutting tools
- Chamfering and reamers
- Roller burnishing
- Industrial precision knives
- Tool Management (RoboCrib)
- Cylinder head
- Valve body
- Steering housing
- PCD tools
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Tool Holder
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Shrink-fit Tool Holder
- Materials and applications
- Power generation
- Special tooling
- Technical documentation
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.The Webshop is temperary closed. Try again later or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
You are here: Frontpage / Products & Services / Metal / Turning / Grooving / KGD
KGD – grooving and cut-off tools
Superior tools for grooving and cut-off.
- Excellent chip control with various chipbreakers
- Reliable and stable machining with superior clamping system
- MEGACOAT technology ensures long tool life
- Cutting width: 2 - 8 mm, cutting depth up to 30 mm
- High-precision moulded inserts, width tolerance of ±0.03 mm (edge width 2, 3, 4 mm)
- MEGACOAT carbide grades:
- PR1225: The best choice for cut-off, grooving and traversing
- PR1215: Superior wear resistance – recommended for grooving and cut-off under stable conditions. The best choice for machining of cast iron.
Toolholder (separate type): applicable for various types of grooving and cut-off, such as external and face cutting by replacing blade parts.
Coolant is directed from the rake surface and the flank face of the insert. Improved chip control and longer tool life for external grooving and cutting-off.
Discharges coolant in two directions:
- Discharges coolant in two directions toward both the rake surface and the flank face of the insert.
- Excellent chip control and long tool life.
- Superior chip control performance:
Coolant towards the rake face. Coolant hole position and angle improve chip control
- Cooling the cutting edge leads to longer tool life:
Coolant towards the rake surface and the flank face of the insert. Directing coolant towards the cutting edge lengthens tool life.
- Large chipbreaker lineup for various machining applications
- High rigidity and high precision
- Superior cooling action improves tool life
- Polygon taper shank available in sizes C4, C5 and C6
Call our consultants, who will advise you on choosing the best solution for the task. Call us on +45 97 14 14 11.
KGD-PSC type holder