- News and offers
Circular saw blades
- Ripping saw blades
- Crosscut saw blades
- Sizing saw blades
- NoNoise saw blades
- Panel sizing saw blades
- Scoring saw blades
- Clipping saw blades
- Hogger saw blades
- Non-Ferrous cutting saw blades
- Portable saw blades
- GMT DP sizing blades
- GMT DP panel sizing saw blades
- GMT DP Scoring saw blades
- Planing saw blades
- Band saws
- Drills and countersinks
- Cutters with bore
- Shank type tools
- Inserts and planer knives
- Circular saw blades
- Tips for correct use of saw blades
- Tips for correct use of band saws
- Tips for correct use of hoggers
- Tips for correct use of drills
- Tips for correct use of cutters with bore
- Tips for correct use of shank type tools
- Tips for correct use of toolholders
- Tips for correct choice of aggregates
- User guides
- Safety data sheets
- Buying a new machine?
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
Tips for correct use of band saws
The sawing technology has improved greatly and improved band saw blades help to keep manufacturing costs under control.
Years ago, it was common to use the Chrome Vanadium band saws in the international woodworking industry, but the market has changed a lot.
Today there is a demand for longer life time, decreased down time and continuous cutting quality and therefore hardened tooth tip and HS tipped Bi-metal are the most common.
Technical tips for correct use of band saws:
- Control of band speed is important to reach longer lifetime. Excessive band speed for the machined type of material, generates a high tooth tip temperature resulting in acceleration.
- Low feed rate causes teeth to rub instead of penetrating, and you will experience a decreased lifetime.
- Wheel flanges must be maintained and clean for correct tracking.
- Blade must be perpendicular to machined material.
- Band tension must be correct according to machine authorizing and material.
- Material being cut must be held securely.
In case of any questions, comments or requests in relation to band saws, do not hesitate to contact our sales technicians.