News and offers
- MFF: Cutter for finishing
- KPK series
- MFWN mini for milling
- MFH lineup expansion
- MEV & MFLN
- SIGC - small internal grooving
- EMO 2019
- AP chipbreaker
- DRA 12D Magic Drill
- KS6015 for cast iron
- PDL010/PDL025 DLC coating
- DRV lineup expansion
- Kyocera at AMB 2018 exhibition, Stuttgart
- CA025P - Steel cutting performance
- DRA KM – Insert for cast iron
- Hybrid cermet
- DRA FTP - Counterboring insert
- DRV Magic Drill
- Kyocera at EMO 2017 exhibition Hannover
- CA3 - New coated carbide grades
- Internal grooving with effective chip evacuation
- Newly developed DLC coating for Kyocera inserts
- New drill with replaceable drill bit
- Kyocera presents new cutting tool solutions at EMO in Milan
- Kyocera launches MFH mini
- Individual solutions for cutting tool production
- Twist drills
- Indexable drills
- Drills with replaceable drill tip
- Micro diameter drills
- Customized drills
- Multiplex drills/spade drills
- Indexable milling cutters
- Micro diameter end mills
- Chamfer mills
- Diamond pattern router bits
- Micro diameter engraving tools
- Solid end mills
- Profile cutters
- Solid shell milling cutters and side/face cutters
- Thread milling cutters
- Carbide inserts
- Ceramic inserts
- CBN inserts
- PCD inserts
- Cermet inserts
- Thread turning
- Micro diameter turning tools
- General turning
- Thread cutting tools
- Chamfering and reamers
- Roller burnishing
- Industrial precision knives
- Tool Management (RoboCrib)
- Cylinder head
- Valve body
- Steering housing
- PCD tools
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Tool Holder
- UM DANDIA™ adjustable Shrink-fit Tool Holder
- Materials and applications
- Turbine blade machining
- Special tooling
- Technical documentation
- Products & Services
- About us
- Contact us
Log in/new user
Unable to log in. Please verify that the provided user name and password are correct.
Create new userForgot password?
Invalid e-mail. Please verify that the provided information is correct.E-mail with a retrieval link to reset your password is send.Sending...CRM users are not allowed to change passwords
Back to loginHave you bought from us before?
Back to loginWe are changing your languageTo give you the best experience, you will now be redirected to the language associated with your customer profile.Change passwordAs a new user, we kindly request you to change your password. When you press OK, you will be forwarded to the “Change password” page.SuccessYour registration request has been sent to Kyocera Unimerco. You will receive an e-mail when your user account has been created.ErrorCould not send your registration request. Please try again or contact Kyocera Unimerco.
Hybrid cermet for steel machining
Kyocera has drawn on its many years of cermet technology development to create these new materials, which offer improved abrasion resistance, better fracture resistance and better surface finish quality than conventional steel-cutting tools.
Three attributes of the hybrid technology contributes to superior surface finish and machining stability.
- Excellent surface finish: Combining the conventional cermet bonded phase (nickel, cobalt) and the special high melting point metallic bonded phase. Provides high adhesion resistance to eliminate galling of the work piece.
- Excellent fracture resistance: Improved strength with uniform micro grain hard phase and superior compressive stress with high melting point bonded phase. This combination yields greater fracture resistance.
- Excellent wear resistance: Excellent fracture resistance with surface-hardened layer using gradient composition technology. Continuously-varied hardness provides wear and fracture resistance.
Uncoated cermet for high speed / continuous machining and general use.
- TN610: Higher wear resistance during continuous and finish machining. High quality / High precision machining
- TN620: General use for quality surface finishes with balanced wear and fracture resistance
Grades PV710 / PV720 improve performance by composite lamination of MEGACOAT NANO and special TiN coating to combine high adhesion resistance and great visibility of the used cutting edge even in dim light.
- PV710: Long tool life during high speed and continuous machining
- PV720: High efficiency machining and superior surface finish